At Ako Mātātupu: Teach First NZ we support great people to become highly effective teachers and inspirational leaders who make a difference.
Find out if you’re ready to learn to lead.
About Ako Mātātupu: Teach First NZ
Potential is equally distributed across socioeconomic lines; but in today's Aotearoa New Zealand, opportunity is not. Ako Mātātupu is working towards the day when every young person has an equal opportunity to realise their potential, on their own terms.
Currently, New Zealand has one of the highest levels of educational inequality in the developed world, ranking 33rd/ 38 countries in the OECD. Our system is 4x as likely to fail students from low income backgrounds.
We are looking for promising leaders to take on educational inequality. Work with us to lead the future.
The Teach First NZ Programme
The Teach First NZ Programme provides carefully selected participants with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a school community, inspiring future generations of New Zealanders to fulfil their potential.
Teach First NZ's teaching and education leadership programme has been identified as offering one of the top Graduate Development experiences in New Zealand. Delivered in partnership with The Mind Lab and with support from leading New Zealand organisations, we support participants to develop their abilities as communicators and influencers in a way that no other programme can.
Upon graduating from the Teach First NZ Programme you will be awarded with a Masters in Teaching and Education Leadership from The Mind Lab.
Acceptance into the Teach First NZ Programme means that you can:
- Be a part of a national movement towards change
- Make a real difference in the community and in the lives of our rangatahi
- Develop your leadership skills and potential
- Gain an internationally recognised teaching qualification, as a Master of Teaching and Education Leadership
- Access an international network of participants, alumni, education leaders and businesses
- Be paid a full salary as you learn
- Receive a competitive salary, as well as 10 weeks of annual holiday, and
- Receive a fully funded Masters in Teaching and Education Leadership