Our Graduate Programme
Our Graduate Programme is designed to take your career to the next level.
We’re on the hunt for dynamic Graduates who love workshopping ideas, are keen to embrace and explore innovation, and have an exceptional taste in music (the last bit is optional...) We want people who aren’t afraid to speak up, share their opinions, develop relationships and influence outcomes.
We’re interested in people from diverse backgrounds, who want to join a bank that’s constantly reinventing itself to address our community’s challenges, raise standards in banking and create opportunities for generations to come.
Take a leap in the right direction
We have five Graduate programmes available across our Digital & Transformation, Finance, Institutional, Retail & Business Banking and Technology business units.
Each programme has a different focus and offers endless career paths. Join our Technology programme and you might be helping out on the architecture or cyber security. In our Retail & Business Banking programme, your focus could be on banking, lending and investments to help businesses of all sizes achieve their goals.
Our Digital & Transformation and Finance programmes are based in Auckland and Wellington; Institutional and Retail & Business Banking are based in Auckland only and Technology in Wellington.
For more information on each of our different business units and to see what programme may suit you best, check out the tabs in the Graduate Programme section.
Who can apply?
Diversity of thinking is one of the keys to success, so we encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply for our programme.
Your university grades aren’t the be-all and end-all. We’re equally interested in your creative thinking and comfort in adapting to new people and situations.
Our CEO, Shayne Elliot says: -
- Work for people who teach you things
- Attitude is just as important as aptitude
- Be adaptive and
- Be authentic
To be eligible for our Graduate Programme, when submitting your application, you should be:
- interested in a permanent role with ANZ starting in February 2021
- a citizen of, or hold permanent residency in, New Zealand or Australia;
- in your final year of university studies (bachelor degree or higher); or
- you have graduated in the last three years.
We want to get to know you for who you really are, and don’t believe that we can assess that by reading a resume or LinkedIn profile. This means that there’s no need to send us a copy of your resume, or even a cover letter.
We have simplified our recruitment process to be to give you the opportunity to show your best self.
Our Application Process:
- Online Application Form (it’s really short we promise)
- Game-based Assessment (16 games that take about 30 minutes in total)
- Personality Questionnaire (a whole heap of questions about how you like to work)
- Digital Interview
- Assessment Centre (these will be held during April 2020)
- Verbal Offer (Yay)
- Background checks (no criminals allowed).
You will be notified of the outcome of your application no later than the end of April 2020.
Currently recruiting for:
- Digital & Transformation
- Retail & Business Banking