ANZCO Foods Internship - TaiwanAsia New Zealand Foundation
Business & Commerce Management Marketing
2 weeks ago
7th May 2019 9:00am
9th June 2019 5:00pm
The Asia New Zealand Foundation invites third and fourth year undergraduate/post-graduate students studying management and marketing to apply for an internship with ANZCO Foods in Taiwan.
ANZCO is one of New Zealand's largest exporters, has sales of NZ$1.3bn and employs over 3,000 staff worldwide. The intern will be placed in ANZCO’s office in Taipei, Taiwan over the 2019/2020 New Zealand summer.
The aim of the internship programme is to provide New Zealand tertiary students with an experience of working in a business environment in Asia in order to gain a better understanding of the people, place and culture of the host country.
In addition to having skill-sets and interests relevant to ANZCO’s operations in Asia, applicants will need to be adaptable, confident and have a strong interest in pursuing a career involving the Asian region.
- ANZCO website – find out more about the company
One intern will be selected for this programme and the internship will take place over three months between late November 2019 and February/March 2020. During the internship he/she will be provided with a project to complete or other meaningful work.
The Foundation and ANZCO will jointly deliver pastoral care to provide for the intern’s professional development and overall welfare.
The Foundation will cover the cost of a return airfare, visa, travel insurance, and the majority of living expenses.
The selected intern will also be required to contribute $500 to cover some living expenses. ANZCO will provide accommodation.
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or have permanent resident status
- due to complete a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in 2020
- in good health
- adaptable, mature, reliable and resilient
- interested in pursuing a career involving Taiwan / the Asian region
- willing to write a short article for the Foundation’s website and to write a final report evaluating the internship as a professional development experience
- willing to participate in Foundation activities following the internship, such as attending Asia-related networking events and speaking at schools
- contribute $500 to their living costs while offshore.
Ideal candidates will have:
- some understanding of the history and culture of Chinese civilization
- an interest in agriculture and the food business
- taken university papers in international trade and international politics
- some understanding of New Zealand’s primary industry
- an open-minded outlook and engaging personality
While useful, the ability to speak Mandarin is not a requirement of this internship.
Interested? Click the apply now button to find out more and apply.
Applications close Sunday 9 June 2019