APEC Secretariat - SingaporeApply Now
Law, Statistics, Business & Commerce, Economics
Working towards a degree or higher
8th Oct 2019 12:00am
15th Oct 2019 12:00am
This opportunity is for students specialising in one of the following fields of study:
- international trade
- international relations
The internship will take place from late January 2020 to the end of April.
What you'll do
- see multilateral trade up close through the lens of APEC senior leadership
- attend official APEC meetings and support engagement through research and report writing
- work with a close-knit office at the centre of the APEC operations
- gain unique insights into hosting an APEC year, ahead of New Zealand’s APEC hosting year in 2021.
- return airfares to Singapore
- travel insurance
- a stipend to cover living expenses.
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- in good health
- due to complete at least three years of tertiary study by November 2019
- adaptable, mature, reliable and resilient
- willing to experience working in a multilateral organisation in the Asia-Pacific
- interested in pursuing a career involving the trade and the wider Asian region
- aspiring to develop their capacity for working in cross-cultural environments.
Terms and Conditions
- take out appropriate travel insurance (subsidised by the Foundation)
- contribute $500 to their living costs while offshore
- contribute a 600-word article with photographs for the Foundation’s website while offshore
- write a final three-page report evaluating the internship experience
- participate in Foundation professional development activities and networking events after they return from Singapore.
How to Apply
- your CV
- your academic transcript
- a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying.
Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from Asia New Zealand Foundation and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd)