ITRI Business Internship - TaiwanAsia New Zealand Foundation
Business & Commerce
2 weeks ago
27th May 2019 9:00am
8th July 2019 5:00pm
This three-month internship is for senior commerce or business studies students interested in learning about business matchmaking and managing investor relations in Asia.
The successful candidates will be placed at the Industrial, Science and Technology International Strategy Center (ISTI), where they will gain experience in facilitating investment partnerships between Taiwan and international partners. Commerce or business studies students with an interest in high-technology are strongly encouraged to apply.
The intern will be given a specific project or meaningful work to do, which may include market research and facilitating and brokering relationships between international investors and companies in Taiwan. A mentoring supervisor will be assigned to monitor the intern’s professional development and welfare.
The internship will take place over three months (less than 90 days), between late November 2019 and February 2020.
The Industrial, Science and Technology International Strategy Center is focused on the following:
- Building links between ITRI / Taiwanese companies and the international business community.
- Helping overseas companies interested in the Taiwan market to find collaboration partners in Taiwan.
- Helping Taiwanese companies in finding overseas markets for their products and services.
- Helping ITRI departments to find overseas markets for their technologies.
The TUSA Office is involved in the following kinds of work:
- Helping catalyse industrial cooperation and investment between prospective partners from Taiwan and the United States
- Assisting US business to set up R&D centres in Taiwan or help Taiwan-registered US companies to apply for government incentives
- Offering matchmaking for technology cooperation between companies of the two countries
- Facilitating bilateral investment
- Furnishing support to start-ups with venture capital from both countries.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation covers return airfares and provides a stipend to cover living expenses and accommodation costs in Taiwan.
Some interns stay in dormitories on the ITRI Hsinchu campus which offers a variety of dining and recreational facilities while others use online accommodation sharing services to identify affordable accommodation located near their work.
Interns will need to contribute around NZ$500 of their own funds to cover expenses.
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status
- due to complete at least two years of tertiary study by November 2020
- an enrolled student when you return from the internship - i.e. returning to continue studying at university/ graduate school in 2020
- adaptable, mature, reliable and resilient
- able to demonstrate a strong interest in developing a career involving New Zealand and the Asian region
Knowledge of Mandarin, while useful, is not a prerequisite for this internship as English is widely spoken at ITRI.
Interested? Click the apply now button to find out more and apply.
Applications close Monday 8 July 2019
Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from Asia NZ Foundation and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd)