Nutrition Technologies Internship - MalaysiaAsia New Zealand Foundation
Agriculture Information Technology Business & Commerce
2 weeks ago
3rd May 2019 11:00am
9th June 2019 11:55am
About Nutrition Technologies
Nutrition Technologies is a growth-stage AgriTech business, operating in Malaysia. They are pioneering the insects-as-feed industry and recycling nutrients from industrial food waste (such as pineapple pulp and palm kernel cake) into high grade proteins and oils for the animal and aqua feed industries.
Nutrition Technologies have developed their own award-winning processes and technology, and have received two rounds of seed funding to establish their pilot production facility. https://www.nutrition-technologies.com/
What will the internship look like?
The internship will be 3 months (late November 2019 to February 2020).The intern will be given a specific project or meaningful work relevant to their area of study and a mentoring supervisor will be assigned to monitor the intern’s professional development.
Interns with an engineering background
Will support the engineering team in their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as engaging with the senior management team in the longer-term development planning of the scale-up facility. He/she would support the team in critical areas such as:
- Process engineering
- System design, mapping and planning
- Machinery and equipment research
- Designing and building prototypes of custom equipment
- Supporting patent applications
- Data collection from factory production processes
- Workflow and efficiency analysis.
Interns with a business background
Will have the opportunity to support the sales and marketing team, both in their day-to-day responsibilities and developing marketing plans and strategies for future expansion. He/she will support the team in critical areas such as:
- Designing and developing a suite of marketing materials, including brochures, product specification sheets, exhibition stands, flyers.
- Developing and executing a digital and social media marketing strategy
- Compiling and analyzing market information
- Surveying potential clients and suppliers
- Working with the technical team to write and release content on recent product development and trial results
- Consolidating data into actionable items, databases, reports, and presentations
- Supporting the executive team in fundraising - identifying potential investors and events, preparing pitch documents.
To be eligible you must:
- be New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status
- have recently completed or due to complete a commerce and/or engineering degree by November 2020
- in good health
- able to demonstrate a strong interest in biotechnology or agriculture
- adaptable, mature, reliable and resilient
- interested in pursuing a career involving Malaysia and the wider Asian region.
If you are passionate about the start-up ecosystem and agriculture, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity!
Find out more and apply here: https://www.asianz.org.nz/business/internships/nutrition-technologies/