BDO Wellington 2022 Graduate OpportunitiesApply Now
Accounting, Business & Commerce, Finance
8th Mar 2021 09:00am
- Permanent / Full Time
- Great work life balance policies including flexible working
- A great supportive and sociable team environment
- Clear career development pathway
Do you aspire to work for a world-class professional services firm? One that stands out from its competitors with a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfilment and long-term growth that it is like no other?
Then this is your opportunity to join a business that is more than an accounting machine!
Did you know that BDO is the fastest growing business services firm in New Zealand? Did you know that we are New Zealand’s 3rd largest CA employer ….but that’s only part of the story!
There is so much more to BDO, and here is just a snapshot:
Why you should aspire to be a BDO Graduate:
- We are known for our relaxed and informal atmosphere, not common in our industry. Our culture promotes a collaborative workplace – amongst colleagues and clients alike.
- You’ll love the fact that you get more access to partners and early client involvement
- We recognise that your career with us is just one aspect of your life, so balance is critical
- We back your potential and there’s exceptional professional development and study support.
- In addition to your competitive starting salary we provide numerous benefits
- You can spread your wings globally
This is an exciting opportunity to join BDO Wellington as a Graduate Accountant. We have opportunities available in our Audit, Advisory and Tax service lines. You will be part of a cohort of 14 graduates across the firm, commencing employment in March 2022.
At BDO we offer on the job learning with experienced mentors to provide guidance and advice. We offer our graduates structured technical learning opportunities and support your development to becoming a future leader in business services.
If you are interested in studying towards a CA or similar qualification, we offer an exceptional professional development path and study support. We provide flexible working hours, employee health insurance and a 'dress for your day' policy to help you find a work-life balance that is right for you.
To be successful:
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Enthusiastic – bring an authentically positive attitude to your work.
- Diligent – value accuracy and attention to detail, understanding the importance of high standards in everything you do.
- Self-motivated - take ownership and act decisively to solve problems, make your time count.
- Resilient – enjoy a challenge and be able to adapt to fast-changing situations.
- Approachable - build strong relationships with clients and colleagues to better deliver on their needs.
- A Team Player – willing to go the extra mile to support your colleagues and the wider firm. Be proactive in gaining an understanding of how your role impacts the wider business. Involvement with team activities, positions of responsibility and community mindedness are a great way to show illustrate that you are a team player.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in Accounting or similar.
- If you wish to study towards a CA qualification you will need to have completed an undergraduate degree that satisfies the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand academic requirements.
- Applicants for this position must have a legal right to work and live in NZ
There is lots more we can tell you about being a graduate at BDO, so take a look through our graduate website
We’d love to learn more about you, so apply now by submitting your CV, Academic Transcript and a cover letter telling us why you want to part of BDO.