Landscape Architect Graduate (NZ Wide)
- Kick start your career, joining a leading Design Practice
- Work with creative and innovative designers, where your input is valued
- Gain unrivalled project and client experience, with significant career development opportunities
Kick start your career by joining the Beca Design Practice as a Graduate Landscape Architect. You will be valued for your input, contributing in a collaborative multidisciplinary studio made up of designers from all walks of life who are passionate about what they do. We have a nationwide team of 50 architects, urban designers and landscape architects who are dedicated to creating great places through well-considered, innovative, people centric and place-based design.
Our landscape architectural work is wide ranging with projects of all sizes and shapes located throughout New Zealand and the Pacific region. You will get an opportunity to deliver some of New Zealand’s most significant urban transformation projects, small public realm design and everything in between. Our most recent projects include streetscapes, public open space, cycleways, town centres, residential and mixed-use developments, master planning, transport, water infrastructure, airports, iwi and cultural sites of significance.
We have an unparalleled client base and as part of a true multi-disciplinary business you will have exposure to projects that other’s simply do not get early in their career. Our clients see us as their trusted advisor where we can bring an unrivalled range of disciplines to help solve problems and realise the potential that their projects have, to shape communities.
We are experiencing growth across our national Design Practice and have opportunities based in our Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
In our Design Practice, you will be:
- Encouraged to contribute to the business beyond project work, we want you to have an opinion and share it
- Honing your technical skills on a variety of projects from concept to construction
- Supporting your team both graphically and technically
- Working collaboratively with other creative disciplines including architects, urban designers, engineers, project managers and planners
- Getting your hands dirty in research and development
- Contributing to the team social culture; we believe in work life balance and having fun
- A part of the Beca’s Graduate Development Programme (details below)
Check out our Beca Design Practice Instagram @becadesignpractice
Your passion, design and problem-solving mindset will be matched with a desire to work on meaningful and significant projects across New Zealand in a multidisciplinary studio. You will also have an enquiring mind, able to problem solve and think laterally, with a keen eye for graphics and design layouts, both from a sketch and computer aided perspective. How you work is also important to us – we will value your enthusiasm and motivation to continue to learn from your peers and more senior members of the team.
You will also have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- An interest in New Zealand’s sustainable and cultural future
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative-Suite
- Exposure in Revit and Enscape as bonus points!
Our Award-Winning Graduate Development Programme
Our career development philosophy is simple, you own your own career! On our award-winning Graduate Development Programme, we have everything set up so you can drive your own success within a positive and supportive environment.
We believe the best place to learn is on the job so you can expect to work on real jobs for our clients across an unrivalled range of disciplines, right from the start. You’ll get ongoing support from experienced mentors, development opportunities, support towards professional memberships as well as a yearly graduate conference and access to an established and active graduate social community.
There really is no better place to kick-start your career and start making every day better in our communities.
Beca is one of the largest employee-owned professional services consultancies in the Asia-Pacific region. Our team of over 3,400 professionals is diverse enough to bring a wide range of perspectives and expertise to every client and challenge, creating resourceful, smart solutions from our collective experience and insights.
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences. To find out more about Beca’s purpose, people and projects, visit www.beca.com.
Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from Beca and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd)