Which Graduate opportunity is right for me?
We offer our Graduates a permanent full-time position starting the following year and a full program of learning and professional development. As a professional services firm, we have a broad range of opportunities open to students. It’s really important that you choose an opportunity which best fits your studies, skills and career aspirations. We ask students to apply to just one area of our business.
We understand it can be hard to work out which part of our business is right for you. Take our personality quiz to discover your Deloitte fit, look at the jobs on offer here, and check out our business service lines here:
How can I apply?
We will be opening applications in March 2020 for a limited time. Connect with us on our social media channels for the latest updates. You will be asked to apply for the team and location of the job that interests you.
- You are eligible for the Summer Intern Program if you are in your penultimate year of study
- You are eligible for the Graduate Program if you are completing your studies or completed 24 months prior
- You must have or be working towards professional Chartered Accounting (CA) qualification requirements to be eligible for Audit & Assurance and Private
Our Recruitment Process
What we look for:
We’re interested in students with degrees in every discipline. We are particularly interested if you’ve got diverse experiences and are passionate about being part of a business which thrives on innovation, opportunity, collaboration and inclusion. Tell us why you are applying to Deloitte, what about the team and our purpose or values that interests you. Perhaps you’ve met one of us and it made an impact on you, let us know!
We will review your whole application to help us make a decision and take into account your CV, application answers, online assessments (only applicable to consulting applications), video and face to face interactions with us. Academic achievement is only one element we consider, we are looking for well-rounded students, this could be previous work experience, extra-curricular or community involvement and leadership experience.
Key competencies assessed through our recruitment process include:
- Resilience and the ability to embrace change
- The ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Willingness to collaborate within a team
- Organisational skills
- Ability to analyse problems
- Communication skills.
Our Recruitment Process
- Research – Make sure you understand who we are looking for and what part of our business would suit you best. Connect with us out on social media and come and see us at events and ask us questions
- Prepare your documentation – CV, cover letter and academic transcript (we know it won’t be complete untilyou graduate so just send us everything you have so far).
- Apply online – https://graduates.deloitte.co.nz/
- Video interview – If you are shortlisted you will receive an email invitation and have 48 hours to complete the video interview
- Interview – We will contact you to arrange the details
Consulting Recruitment Process
We run a slightly different recruitment process for Consulting versus our other teams. Consulting will require 2 stages of online assessments, to participate in both you will need to pass the first stage. Following the successful completion of assessments 1 and 2 you will be invited to interview with our consulting teams in either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.