Corporate Finance/Financial Advisory
We want you to succeed
Yes, the application process is robust (we need to make sure we are getting individuals that will thrive here) but it is not meant to be scary, daunting or pretentious. We value honesty, curiosity, and integrity and when you come to meet us you’ll see that we’re a fairly down to earth bunch.
Connect with us
Each year Deloitte attends a number of university career fairs and campus events. We would love to connect with you so come and say hello and meet our team to find out more about our business. The majority of events take place between February and April, however we usually have a presence on campus throughout the year. Our calendar of events.
What opportunity is right for me?
To find your fit at Deloitte we have some helpful tools;
- Find your fit with Traitify
- Job Descriptions
- Career Pathways – see what people have studied and their journey
If you still would like advice on which team is right for you come and visit us on campus or connect with us on Instagram or Facebook.
Corporate Finance / Financial Advisory
Despite the title, it is not just the Big Corporates that you will be working with. In fact, you will spend most of your time working with SME’s who make up the lion’s share of the New Zealand business market. Deloitte Corporate Finance specializes in providing a range of advice to our clients including selling or buying a business, raising debt or equity finance. Your purpose as a member of the team is to provide creative solutions and ideas for the future of your client’s business assisting them at critical times where fast decision-making is required. You will work with your clients to find solutions to questions like: What is the value of a business? How can we grow the value of a company? What is the best strategic option available to us?
Did you know?
- We help our clients with multiple areas of a transaction, including sell-side merger & acquisition advisory, financial due diligence, valuations, financial modelling, and business case analysis.
- Our client work can create opportunities for travel both within New Zealand and overseas.
- You will have many opportunities to develop useful technical skills. For example, during your first year, we take you through introductory valuation and financial modelling courses and we have regular junior-led training sessions throughout the year.
- We have Corporate Finance Grad and Intern opportunities in Auckland and Wellington.