Love analytics, insights and technology? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
Get exposure to a wide range clients across different industries
About the role and team
The Risk Analytics team seeks a Data Analyst to join our team in Wellington and start with on Graduate cohort in February 2020. Risk Analytics sits within the wider Risk Advisory practice and includes Forensic, Cyber and Technology and Operational Risk. You will be part of a team of high-performing data analysts leveraging a wide range of analytical infrastructure to generate insights from large data sets to help solve a diverse range of complex problems.
This is an exciting space to work in with engagements including complex investigations, litigation, responding to regulatory issues, helping clients manage operational risk issues and identifying important business insights.
What degree will you have?
- Commerce or Science Degree with a major in Data Analytics/ Statistics/ Mathematics / Business Analytics / Information Systems / Computer Science/ Finance or similar.
- Engineering Degree
- Conjoint, double majors and post graduate studies are also advantageous
You are someone with
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility and resilience
- Intellectual curiosity
- To be comfortable with ambiguity and open to new experiences
- A proactive approach to work
- The ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Experience with SQL, Python or other programming languages and/or experience in visualisation platforms is helpful
Sound like you?
Apply today with your CV or call Adriana Hitch on 09 303 0850 for a confidential conversation.
You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please note that Deloitte New Zealand will be closed from 21 December 2019 to 13 January 2020 and there will be no communication from us over the festive period. Meri Kirihimete me ngā mihi o te tau hou – Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from Deloitte and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd)