• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
• Get hands-on experience in one the best financial careers available
• Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support and advice.
Private provides a huge range of services to businesses that form the backbone of our economy, and some of New Zealand’s most progressive and interesting companies - small to medium sized enterprises.
We have a number of diverse teams within Deloitte Private including Māori Business and China Services (Auckland only).
Deloitte's Summer Intern program, running from November 2020 to February 2021, is a great way to experience what life is like in Private by giving you real world exposure to clients and projects. The program is designed to help you make the best career choice by showing you what it's like working for Deloitte.
What will you get to do?
- Learn from the best to provide clients with advisory services and prepare client financial statements and tax returns
- Connect and collaborate with other teams within Deloitte such as Tax and Audit & Assurance
- Gain exposure to a variety of financial tools whilst perfecting your Excel and reporting skills
Your future starts with us.
We work with an extensive portfolio of high net-worth families, individuals and private businesses, with a unique blend of technical accounting skills and business acumen. Our team of talented and trusted Advisors offer services such as preparing financial statements and tax returns, tax planning, compliance, and advisory.
Where can I do it?
- Auckland CBD & Takapuna
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
- You’re an ambitious, diligent and detail-orientated student
- Majoring in Accounting or studying a degree that makes you eligible for the Chartered Accountants Program
- A strong communicator who possesses the skills needed to build relationships both your team and senior clients
- Adaptable and driven – you understand what it’s like to overcome obstacles through sheer tenacity and hard work
- Have a sharp and analytical mind
- Great interpersonal skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Please note: This information and all other Deloitte grad and graduate, intern and internship, and entry level opportunities on nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Deloitte and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).