- Curious and love to pick up new knowledge on the job? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
- We will pay for your CA and Law Profs
- Experience both compliance and consulting side of Tax in an ever changing field, making a real and meaningful impact on (and constantly learning about and interacting with) businesses large and small, in a variety of sectors and industries
Utilize your law and business skills in an area that has daily real life application. Working in Tax allows you to spend time helping businesses both in the office and out on site too.
About the team
As part of Deloitte New Zealand’s Tax practice, you are a member of an experienced and diverse team that offers dynamic and innovative client-specific solutions. As part of the Deloitte Tax team you will provide a full range of services to an extensive portfolio of clients from New Zealand owned and international multinationals to financial services, hospitality, retail and agricultural businesses nationwide.
Deloitte dominates the tax landscape with a number of NZ’s top tax experts working with us. Tax is a demanding line of business that requires high levels of insight and innovation across multiple disciplines. If you've got what it takes, this service line can take you far - in fact, our current CEO is a Tax Partner.
What will your typical day look like?
- Assisting in the preparation of income tax returns/GST returns
- Providing advice on a range of complex tax issues to clients, including potentially in the context of transaction work, and critically evaluating proposed tax law reforms
- Using a range of research tools and Deloitte domestic/global knowledge to provide meaningful solutions to queries raised by clients
- Assist clients in managing their tax obligations throughout the year
- Building relationships with key client contacts
- Team building with your colleagues – fun service line and firm-wide activities, dinners, quarterly team events!
You are someone with:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven and highly committed
- Sharp and analytical
- Flexible and resilient
- You’ll need to be able to research and translate complex information for clients
- A passion for Commerce and/or Business and a genuine interest in a Tax career
- Basic data skills in particular Excel is a big advantage
What degree will you need?
- Bachelor of Commerce majoring in accounting and/or a Bachelor of Law is advantageous, as is having taken (or currently taking) the Tax paper as part of your Commerce and/or Law degree
This role is to start February 2020.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Adriana Hitch from the People & Performance team at 09 303 0850. We’d love to hear from you!
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.