Downer - Senior Technician - Tongariro PrisonApply Now
31st Mar 2020 12:00am
15th May 2020 12:00am
Senior Technician - Tongariro Prison
Downer holds a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking a Senior Technician to join our onsite team based at Tongariro Corrections Facility.
About the Role
Our Senior Technician will work alongside our Site Manager to ensure the successful delivery of facilities maintenance services to the Prison.
We are seeking a skilled technician, ideally with a plumbing or electrical background, who can help lead and manage our site technicians and ensure that our sub-contractors deliver services in a cost effective and timely manner. You will spend up to 50% of the day on the tools and the remainder of your time estimating, scheduling and dispatching jobs.
This role provides an opportunity for an ambitious and resilient individual to help lead a team to deliver services within KPI and to provide quality, value for money work.
Prisons are sometimes challenging work environments, so this role is not for the faint hearted. You will be confident and able to conduct yourself professionally at all times.
Downer is committed to hiring high calibre talent. If you believe you have the following attributes, we would love to hear from you:
- Trade qualification with a minimum of 5 years’ experience (ideally plumbing, electrical or HVAC background) – essential;
- Proactive approach with a strong customer service ethic;
- Good oral and written skills;
- Intermediate PC and keyboard skills;
- Proven experience in the operational leadership of a multi trade service delivery team;
- Experience in planning, scheduling and rostering people resources;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Motivated, positive and outcome orientated;
- Hold a current, full driver’s license – essential.
What’s on offer?
- A great opportunity to develop your Facilities Management career;
- Long term contract – long term work;
- Friendly professional team;
- Career progression and ongoing training.
Downer has a companywide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career in Facility Management. If you think you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude don’t delay! APPLY NOW, by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 568018 into the keyword search.