NZ Civil Engineering Cadet Campaign - Nationwide (2020 intake)Apply Now
Entry Level Jobs
Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Whangarei, Tauranga, Nelson, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Hastings, Gisborne, Whanganui
Engineering, Construction, Engineering - Civil/Structural, Engineering - Mechanical, Engineering - Electrical
26th Aug 2019 12:00am
22nd Sep 2019 12:00am
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
* In their final year of study towards a Diploma of Civil Engineer and ready to start full time work in 2020 OR
* An experienced trades person who is keen to change careers and start a Diploma in Civil Engineering
You’ll ideally bring with you some relevant work experience (casual or summer is okay) in construction / contracting, but most importantly you’ll come with a proven willingness and capability to learn.
* Ability to work independently and use their initiative
* Agile thinking with strong problem solving ability
* Innovative and creative, and solutions focused
* Strong interpersonal skills and can work alongside a diverse range of people
* Are committed to excellence, and health and safety
You’ll also need a full class 1 Driver's License and have either NZ Permanent Residency or Citizenship to qualify.
* You’ll get valuable on the job experience across a wide range of business communities
* Technical development via our Cadet Rotation programme
* Fully funded 2 year NZ Diploma in Engineering Practical (NZDEP)
Once successful on the programme, you’ll experience a full week induction, including site visits, traffic control and first aid training, meet and greet with rotation managers and mentors and PPE allocation. The programme takes between 2.6 to 4 years to complete, depending on your academic status at time of commencing on the programme. We have programme managers who oversee and support cadet progress throughout to support you, as well as being allocated a mentor to support study and work placement learnings. It offers a structured rotation programme that ensures a full range of roading and construction knowledge and experiences.
Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from Downer and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd)