Get ready for a great legal experience! You’ll gain the best insight into what it’s like working for an enterprising law firm by working alongside out lawyers and partners from day one.
Inclusive summer clerk programme
Our summer clerk programme is the best way to gain a true appreciation of what’s its really like to be part of the legal team at Duncan Cotterill.
Rest assured you won’t be locked away filing. You can expect to work hard, have fun and put some of that theory into practice as you contribute in client team discussions. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to chat with our solicitors, associates, partners and business support team to explore your particular areas of interest.
We put a lot of time and thought into making Duncan Cotterill a great place to work - a place that rewards excellence and, at the same time, recognizes and encourages individuality.
Our summer clerks are encouraged to get involved in firm social events alongside partners and colleagues at all levels. Activities include sports, university-based activities, community participation and hosting clients at firm events.
We recognize a healthy work-life balance as the key to delivering great work and building a strong culture.
- Partner access
- Challenging and interesting work opportunities, including early interaction with clients
- Multiple levels of support from peers, colleagues, partners and other professionals
- Training and development
- Buddy and mentor program
- Regular constructive feedback
- Great professional support networks
- Competitive remuneration
- Great culture
- Pro bono and community involvement opportunities
What we look for?
- A proactive and passionate attitude
- A willingness to reach that little bit further when required
- A team-player mindset
- Inquisitive nature and an eye for detail
- An approachable personality
- A strong sense of ethics and professionalism