EECA Graduate ProgrammeEnergy Efficiency and Conservation Authority
4 months ago
9th January 2019 3:00pm
28th January 2019 5:00pm
Who we are
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is a government agency whose purpose is to mobilise New Zealanders to be world leaders in clean and clever energy use.
How we make a difference
EECA's work helps to unlock many benefits for New Zealand, such as:
- reducing carbon emissions, to support New Zealand's climate change commitments
- improving business productivity and competitiveness
- improving people's health due to warmer, drier homes
- saving people money by helping them be more energy efficient at home and on the road.
About the programme:
- Two graduate positions available
- 18 months fixed-term
- Wellington based
- Provides the opportunity to work across different teams at EECA on varied projects
- Starting salary circa $50,000-$54,000 with six monthly reviews
Who we are looking for:
- Recent graduates, who have not had significant work experience and are available to work from February - March 2019
- Bachelors or Masters Degrees
- We are open to any degree types, but are especially keen to see degrees with either a research and analytical focus, or finance, engineering and energy management
- Attributes we are looking for are: collaborative working style, adaptability, excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as problem solving and time management skills
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to contribute to EECA's work programme while gaining a range of skills and experience across the organisation
- A dedicated mentor to help structure and guide your development throughout the programme
- Working within a key sector undergoing substantial change and with people who are committed to EECA's purpose
How to apply
Submit your CV (max two pages) and academic transcript along with your cover letter (max two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should tell us why you want to take up this opportunity, your achievements outside of academic study along with your career aspirations.
Applications close Monday, 28 January 2019.