Technical Team Member - New ZealandFast Enterprises
Software Engineering Information Systems
2 weeks ago
28th November 2018 8:00am
28th December 2018 11:55pm
Congratulations on exploring your career opportunities with FAST and taking the first step to becoming a FASTie! A FASTie? Yes, a FASTie.
FAST-ie \’faeste\ noun
1. an energetic, intelligent, enthusiastic person who works at Fast Enterprises. 2. a person dedicated to modernizing government technology to better serve the general public. 3. someone who is open to adventure and wants to experience new places around the world. 4. someone who enjoys collaboration with clients and camaraderie with teammates while solving business and technology problems.
If the description below speaks to you, take 5 minutes (seriously, only 5 minutes) to apply!
FAST NZ offers large-scale n-tier proprietary software and information technology consulting services for government agencies. One of FAST’s primary implementations is GenTax®, the commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) integrated software solution used by agencies around the world. When you join FAST on the Wellington, New Zealand Project you’ll be part of a team that delivers quality customer service and superior solutions that are on time and on budget.
As a Technical Team Member, you will have the opportunity to consult and collaborate with the New Zealand client to understand their unique business processes, objectives and requirements, empowering them to use the FAST software to maximize productivity, improve customer service, and achieve operational objectives. You will work alongside an experienced Technical Lead where you will perform key daily activities that will contribute to project success and advance you towards the Technical Lead role.
Technical Team Responsibilities
- Provide technical representation on the New Zealand project team
- Support Project Management in the definition and technical validation of delivery schedules and plans
- Ensure consistent and regular reviews of progress and escalation of any risks or deviations from plan providing recommendations and mitigation strategies, as appropriate
- Infrastructure specification and capacity planning
- Assistance with infrastructure configuration, maintenance and monitoring
- Setup, configure and maintain n-tier environments, including web, application, and Database servers
- System troubleshooting, optimization and performance tuning
- Security and compliance design, setup, maintenance and review
- Software and database upgrade assistance
- Development team support
- On-call support, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MS Visual Basic.Net or equivalent development language experience
- Structured Query Language (SQL) experience
- Documentation and communication skills
- Database administration skills
- Microsoft SQL Server administration experience
- Basic networking understanding
- Security and compliance knowledge