As an FMG Grad, you will be trained, supported and mentored. You’ll also be challenged and pushed to reach your potential as a future leader of our organization. We look for grads that are passionate and knowledgeable about the agriculture industry and are driven to perform and achieve. If you’re innovative, work collaboratively and enjoy building relationships, we want to hear from you!
What are the roles?
- Rural Consultant (on phones to service and provide advice to rural clients).
- Mobile Rural Consultant (on the roads to seek out Heartland clients).
- Rural Manager (on the farms to seek out and service large scale, farming clients).
- Commercial Manager (out and about to seek out and service large-scale rural and provincial businesses).
How long is it and where am I based?
- Three months of induction training in Palmerston North (expenses paid).
- 6-18 months as a trainee in any of our 31 offices nationwide, including owning your own portfolio.
- Includes two years of continual on the job learning and development.
How does it work?
- You’ll do three months of training where you’ll learn heaps and have lots of fun, not to mention the chance to hang out with other like-minded grads.
- Next, you’ll spend time working around the business – including our phone-based teams, Claims and Underwriting – to learn all the ins and outs that make FMG tick.
- You’ll then buddy with a mentor who’ll guide you through your role before you’re stationed somewhere with your very own portfolio!
- We provide you with a clear career path to help you achieve your goals.
What do I get from it?
- A full-time career in the agribusiness industry and in one of the best places to work in the country.
- Competitive salary and lots of extra benefits to give you a good work-life balance and enjoy your workplace.
- The chance to work on projects that make our business better
- On-going opportunities to up your goals and further your education
- The chance to work with some really cool people and have fun in the workplace.