- Are you naturally curious?
- Want to know you are helping keep our country safe?
- Want unique challenges and loads of variety?
The New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) is a community of government agencies working together to build a safer and more prosperous New Zealand. We are committed to doing beyond the ordinary work every day to keep New Zealanders safe. We investigate, we analyze and we advise.
The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) forms part of the NZIC and has an exciting Graduate Programme for those looking for something different. We look for intelligent and enthusiastic graduates to join us in keeping New Zealanders safe, while also looking after the economic and wellbeing of New Zealand too.
The graduate program has two streams: analyst steam for one year where you will have an aptitude for, and interest in, problem-solving, and a specialty in languages or research. And a Technical stream for 16 months for those with strong skills in cybersecurity, software engineering, systems engineering, and network engineering. Both streams will learn more about our industry while using your strong analytical and problem-solving skills across a number of different parts of GCSB.
Successful graduates from previous years have studied maths, science, engineering, languages, law, commerce, international studies, IT and psychology to name but a few – but they all demonstrated the following:
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to integrity and the ability to be discrete and diplomatic
- A team player attitude
- Proven academic success and broad life skills
- A strong desire to keep New Zealand and New Zealanders safe