Applications for the GCSB IT Graduate Programme are currently open - apply now!
- Are you naturally curious?
- Want to know you are helping keep our country safe?
- Want unique challenges and loads of variety?
The New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) is a community of government agencies working together to build a safer and more prosperous New Zealand. We are committed to doing beyond the ordinary work every day to keep New Zealanders safe. We investigate, we analyze and we advise.
The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) forms part of the NZIC and has an exciting Graduate Programme for those looking for something different. We look for intelligent and enthusiastic graduates to join us in keeping New Zealanders safe, while also looking after the economic and wellbeing of New Zealand too.
We are now hiring for our 2022 technical stream; for those with strong skills in and/or interest in engineering (network, systems, software), computer science, data science, telecommunications, network analysis and/or cyber security.
During the 16 month programme you will learn more about our industry, while using your strong analytical and problem solving skills across a number of different parts of GCSB.
To be successful
Successful graduates from previous years have studied maths, science, engineering, languages, international studies, IT and psychology to name but a few – but they all demonstrated the following:
Strong critical and analytical skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A commitment to integrity and the ability to be discrete and diplomatic
A team player attitude
Proven academic success and broad life skills
A strong desire to keep New Zealand and New Zealanders safe
What do we offer?
- A supportive team environment – we have a friendly, collegiate and inclusive culture where you can focus and learn and differences are respected.
- Unique work - which involves thinking outside the box and coming up with original creative and analytical solutions. While we can’t tell you too much at this stage, we can tell you it won’t be like any other opportunity you can find in New Zealand!
- Variety with customised rotations – you will gain a broad industry understanding before deciding which area you want to specialise in. You will then have access to an amazing career pathway across a number of areas without the need to change employers.
- Extra benefits – flexible hours for work/life balance, a fun social club, in-house gym, health insurance and eye checks are just some of our everyday perks.
- A permanent position at the end of the graduate programme.
So if you are up for the challenge and want a career, not just a job, where no two days are ever the same … apply with us today!