GCSB Graduate Programme 2020Government Communications Security Bureau
1 week ago
15th March 2019 12:00pm
14th April 2019 11:55pm
GCSB Graduate Opportunities
Extraordinary careers for extraordinary people
- Are you naturally curious?
- Looking for unique challenges and loads of variety?
- Want to make a difference and help keep our country safe?
The New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) is a community of government agencies working together to build a safer and more prosperous New Zealand. We are committed to doing beyond the ordinary work everyday to keep New Zealanders safe. We investigate, we analyse and we advise.
The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) forms part of the NZIC and has an exciting Graduate Programme for those looking for something different. We look for intelligent and enthusiastic graduates to join us in keeping New Zealanders safe, while also looking after the economic and wellbeing of New Zealand too.
The graduate programme has two streams: an analyst steam for one year where you will have an aptitude for, and interest in, problem solving, and a specialty in languages or research. And a Technical stream for 16 months for those with strong skills in cyber security, software engineering, systems engineering and network engineering. Both streams will learn more about our industry, while using your strong analytical and problem solving skills across a number of different parts of GCSB.
Successful graduates from previous years have studied maths, science, engineering, languages, law, commerce, international studies, IT and psychology to name but a few – but they all demonstrated the following:
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to integrity and able to be discrete and diplomatic
- A team player attitude
- Proven academic success and broad life skills
- A strong desire to keep New Zealand and New Zealanders safe
What do we offer?
- A supportive team environment – we have a friendly, collegiate and inclusive culture where you can focus and learn and differences are respected.
- Unique work - which involves thinking outside the box and coming up with original creative and analytical solutions. While we can’t tell you too much at this stage, we can tell you it won’t be like any other opportunity you can find in New Zealand!
- Variety with customised rotations – you will gain a broad industry understanding before deciding which area you want to specialise in. You will then have access to an amazing career pathway across a number of areas without the need to change employers.
- Extra benefits – flexible hours for work/life balance, a fun social club, in-house gym, extra annual leave, health insurance and eye checks are just some of our everyday perks.
- A permanent position at the end of the graduate programme.
So if you are up for the challenge and want a career, not just a job, where no two days are ever the same … check out our website for more information to see if this is the career for you!
How to apply
For further information about the GCSB and details of how to apply visit www.gcsb.govt.nz. Please note that all applications must include an application form.
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close midnight Sunday 14 April 2019
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.