Women in STEM ScholarshipApply Now
Be female students over the age of 18 years Have enrolled, or been accepted to enrol, in a full time degree majoring in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at an approved NZQA accredited tertiary provider in New Zealand for the next academic year.
1st Jun 2020 12:00am
30th Sep 2020 11:00pm
GCSB Tertiary Scholarship for women studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics
The value of this award is $10,000, which can be spread over three years depending on your study plans. Note, no more than $5,000 will be allocated in any one year.
Read about previous recipients.
Open to female second year tertiary students and above (including Honours and Masters students) intending to take a full-time course of study in science, technology, computer engineering, mathematics, data science and cyber security at any New Zealand tertiary institution.
To be eligible for GCSB Tertiary Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be female students over the age of 18 years.
- Have been a New Zealand citizen for at least 10 years or hold New Zealand Permanent Residence or hold a current New Zealand Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America or Australia for at least 10 years.
- Have enrolled, or been accepted to enrol, in a full time degree majoring in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at an approved NZQA accredited tertiary provider in New Zealand for the next academic year.
- Be eligible to obtain and keep a national security clearance.
Number of scholarships
Up to three scholarships may be awarded of which one will be dedicated to a Maori/Pacifica candidate.
How will applications be assessed?
- Academic achievement and excellent
- Honours and awards
- Life and work experience
- Proven leadership qualities and/or experience
- Career aspirations
- Voluntary work (including coaching and mentoring)
The successful candidate will be selected by a panel consisting of the Director-General of the GCSB, a representative from People and Capability, representatives from the relevant areas of GCSB and an academic who specialises in STEM subjects.
Applications open on 1 June and close on 1 October.
The successful scholarship winner will be notified by 31 October.
How to apply
Complete the application form [PDF, 1.96 MB] and submit this with a copy of your academic transcript by clicking the apply now button below.
For all general enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This information and all other Xero grad and graduate, intern and internship, and entry level opportunities on nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Xero and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd