Engineering Engineering - Mechanical
Bay of Plenty
4 months ago
1st December 2018 12:00pm
19th December 2018 10:55pm
IXOM is a market leader in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence across the globe.
We have several rare and exciting opportunities for energetic, professional engineers who are looking to gain operational experience and be part of a start-up ChlorAlkali site based in the Bay of Plenty region (Kawerau).
We are looking for Shift Operational Engineers responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our 24/7 plant, whilst contributing to and managing interesting, business critical continuous improvement projects on site. This will be a performance driven operation and as such you will be part of a highly capable and motivated team of professionals. Learning from our group of highly skilled and experienced facilitators, you will be establishing our latest New Zealand manufacturing site from day one in this hands-on role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work as part of our operational team in a rotating 24/7, 12 hour-shift pattern. You will be committed to meeting our health, safety, environmental and quality requirements, whilst also efficiently achieving our production and cost objectives.
- Safely operate our process plants.
- Identify, investigate, design and implement operational and engineering solutions to plant performance and operational problems.
- Continuously improve our operating processes, procedures and manuals.
- Preparation of plant and equipment for maintenance.
- Applying quality principles and procedures including the testing of final products, in-process streams, and raw materials.
- Working collaboratively with your shift and wider site team in a consistent, harmonious, and efficient manner.
- A Process or Mechanical Engineering Degree or experience in an operational role in a process manufacturing site.
- Have a strong awareness of the importance of safety and looking after yourself and colleagues on site.
- The ability to work a rotating 24/7 shift pattern.
- Professionalism, resilience and the ability to consistently deliver in a team environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to follow and reinforce procedures.
- Ability to undertake forklift training would also be highly advantageous.
At Ixom, we pride ourselves on thinking outside of the box and delivering creative solutions for our customers. Join a dynamic and collaborative culture where your unique abilities and talents are recognised and encouraged. This is the role that will elevate you, offering highly competitive remuneration and the opportunity to increase your earning potential as you progress.
Please contact the recruitment team on 09 355 1741 if you have questions prior to applying.
Relocation will be offered to successful candidates.