Graduate Customer Logistics Specialist - 12 mths Fixed Term ContractKiwiRail
Customer Service Logistics & Supply Chain
2 weeks ago
27th November 2018 12:00pm
7th December 2018 11:55pm
KiwiRail is a New Zealand market leader in logistics. We are on an exciting journey with significant long-term investment underway and we aim to deliver the highest levels of service to our customers. Building our talented team will be a big part of this journey.
As a Customer Logistics Specialist within the Wagons team you will be responsible for ensuring domestic customer cargo is booked and delivered to its final destination in a timely and efficient manner.
With your strong communication and interpersonal skills you will liaise with customers and internal stakeholders to manage customer freight requirements and ensure all bookings are processed effectively as part of a close and supportive team based in modern offices in Parnell.
This role offers a top hourly rate plus free parking as it involves shift work on a 24/7 fully rotational roster working Monday to Saturday between the hours of 6am and 6.30pm respectively. You will receive excellent benefits including penal rates for working outside normal hours such as nights or Saturdays and Sundays where time and a half and double time are applicable for certain shifts.
You will excel in a dynamic environment, where you will be faced with time pressures, customer demands and operational disruptions outside of your control. You will rise to the challenge and enjoy the satisfaction of solving problems and working within constraints to provide the best outcomes
- Good attention to detail and data entry accuracy skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a touch of common sense
- Studies and/or some working experience in Shipping/Freight/Logistics or Transport
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Previous experience working within a customer service environment would be advantageous
This is a great opportunity to utilise your studies by gaining hands-on experience in the exciting World of Rail which is fast-pace and relatively complex by nature yet highly rewarding as you deliver Great Customer Experiences to our clients.
- Discounted travel, holiday homes & health insurance
- An excellent hourly rate that is also topped up with penal rates for certain shifts and free parking
- A real chance to upskill and get into other logistic roles in the business
Working with us you will be a part of a progressive organisation that encourages forward thinking and recognises success so why don't you join us on the journey of a Stronger New Zealand, Better Connections.
Please note that we are looking to appoint someone into this position for an immediate start so please apply online today!