Be interested, be exceptional, be KPMG!
What’s our purpose?
If you’re passionate about New Zealand – and helping to make it a better place – then KPMG could be the firm for you.
That’s because we’ve got a bigger purpose at KPMG. We call it Fuelling New Zealand’s Prosperity…and it’s what gets us out of bed every morning. It drives us to work smarter, think differently, and achieve more for the incredible clients we work with.
We need great people with us on this journey – and that includes you, our future grads. We give you all the training and support you need. You’ll be encouraged to take on a world of opportunity, both in New Zealand and overseas.
So if you want your career to really count for something, you’d better count us in.
How do we recruit?
- Start by researching us
Explore our website, chat with us online, engage with us, be proactive.
- Apply online
Applications are usually open a year before your start date. Check out our current opportunities here when they are live. You’ll need to provide your official University academic transcript as part of your application.
- Video interview and online testing
If we think you look like a good KPMG fit, based on your application, we’ll ask you to answer a few questions about yourself using an online video interview too. Don’t worry, the questions aren’t tricky (and you get the chance to practice using the video tool beforehand). We’ll also send you some verbal, numerical and personality questionnaires to do online, we have listened to your feedback on this in recent times and developed our own tool so it won’t take as long to complete as some testing you’ll receive.
- Invitation to our Assessment Day
This is where it gets exciting. The invitation will be by phone, and we’ll fully explain what to expect on the day.
- Assessment Day
This is a fantastic learning opportunity (see our video). You’ll get to analyse and present a real-life business case, and have fun working in teams. You’ll also be taken on an office tour, and get to network with Partners, Managers and Grads as well as having the opportunity to meet one-on-one with one of Partners or Directors.
- The Offer
All offers will be made within 24 hours of the Assessment Day. Good luck!
What can you apply for?
KPMG NZ recruits over 100 talented graduates and interns every year across our 7 offices (Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Timaru, Wellington and Ashburton).
We have four main business areas – Tax, Audit, Advisory and Enterprise, with opportunities in each. To gain a better understanding of our business areas and what they offer, visit our careers page.
What do we offer?
There are so many reasons to choose KPMG. Here are just some of the perks of working for a big international name:
- Tailored in-house training from your division to support your chosen career path
- Your choice of professional accounting qualification – either CA ANZ or CPA Australia
- Paid study / exam leave (currently 18 days across the CA ANZ or CPA Australia programmes)
- Access to the CA ANZ and CPA Australia Foundations Programmes, for non-accounting students
- a $2,000 clothing allowance for grads (or $1,000 for interns)
- One paid day per year for volunteer work
- Chance to join the ‘KPMG Social Club’, who organise events throughout the year such as the themed Winter Ball, Wine Tasting, Sports Days and more
Kiwi grads are always highly-sought after by global offices in the KPMG network. So if you’re keen to experience a different country and culture (and build your professional network), there’s a good chance we’ll make it happen!
- Each year we send around 50 grads on short-term secondments of 3-6 months
- Destinations include: The US, Canada, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belgium, Denmark, Mongolia, Vietnam and many more