Services Lines at KPMG
Now more than ever, an auditor's work is forward thinking, innovative and brings you straight to the heart of business issues.
Audit at KPMG takes you behind the scenes of some of the world's most renowned companies, allowing you to provide market-leading insight, critically informed solutions and trustworthy expertise to understand every aspect of a business from the inside out.
Most of our work is carried out on client sites, working side by side to determine whether their accounts are true and fair.
Could Audit be for you? Definitely, if:
- You are seeking access to the best tools and technologies to compete in our fast moving market
- You want to put those detective skills to work by gaining insider knowledge of complex and dynamic businesses
- You've always wanted to travel; you could undertake a secondment to another country within the KPMG global network
- You've focused your university studies in the fields of Accounting, Finance or Business Analysis
With the introduction of big data, analytics and the transformation of technology, the role of an Auditor is ever changing and evolving.
At KPMG, we devote significant resources into growing you as an Audit professional; you'll be able to combine technology-based training, self-taught programmes and immersive classroom style learning to build and develop your career. Joining Audit at KPMG means building a future, not just a career.
Our Consulting team is one of the fastest-growing teams in KPMG and is widely respected for our range of management and risk consulting solutions and our depth of capability.
The team designs and delivers a wide range of services that help organizations to overcome and respond to significant challenges or opportunities – and in so doing perform better operationally, financially, and strategically, as well as ensure that they meet external regulation and scrutiny.
We're an issues-based consultancy that uses a significant toolkit of global, regional and locally based KPMG methodologies, approaches, solutions, IP and experience, to resolve our clients' specific problems and help them capitalize on their opportunities.
It's great if you want to:
- Gain wide business experience, across different industries and business functions
- Learn about your strengths and preferences before specializing
- Work with and learn about a huge variety of clients many of whom are iconic New Zealand and international organizations
- Work with both technology and non-technology approaches to solving client challenges and unlocking their opportunities
- Have no day that is the same – love the unexpected and enjoy huge variety in what you do.
- Work on anything from Business Strategy, Customer Experience, Supply Chain, Project and Program Management, Process Automation, Technology Strategy, IT Risk and Compliance, cyber-Security, Corporate Governance and Risk Management to Forensics
- Be part of a fast-growing practice with a strong global network
- Want to continually learn and be continually challenged
- Have fun and work as part of a dynamic, vibrant team! What we do is a team sport and we're always on the lookout for talented individuals to join us as we grow and expand
Our Deal Advisory team is helping to fuel New Zealand’s prosperity, by providing valued advice to clients across a wide range of industries.
We advise buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders and financial investors in what is an increasingly complex financial market. We’re a close-knit team with plenty of cross-functional collaboration.
You could be involved in Corporate Finance work, mergers, and acquisitions, transaction services, business valuations, restructuring and insolvency, or financial modeling. Business today is under more pressure than ever to deliver better results for stakeholders. Whether a client is buying, selling, partnering, seeking funding or fixing/restructuring, the process can be complex and risky.
Our Deal Advisory team combines deep sector knowledge, superior analytic tools and a global mindset with local expertise to help our clients achieve real results. Our integrated team of specialists helps navigate complex, fragmented processes, so our clients can stay out in front of the issues and make their decisions count.
It’s great if you want to:
- Build yourself a strong corporate finance toolkit (covering analysis, financial modeling and consulting)
- Work with a diverse range of colleagues (investment bankers, lawyers, economists, senior government officials, and others)
- Gain exposure to a wide-ranging client base
Keen to make an impact from day one? Our Enterprise practice works alongside New Zealand’s privately-owned businesses to help them meet their business goals.
With over one thousand organisations our clients range from retail businesses to national trusts, from kiwifruit companies to manufacturers and government departments to personal investment portfolios.
Your role could include the preparation of financial statements, tax calculations, and data analytics – especially with respect to cash flows and audit work. Enterprise helps businesses start, grow, strengthen and potentially transition.
We provide support in business planning, start-up financing, R&D incentives, business strategy and all of this is often underpinned by assisting with their Corporate and personal tax needs as well. As a business grows Enterprise may assist with Financing and M&A, international expansion and even technology solutions. Regardless of an Enterprise client’s stage, we recognize their business won’t be standing still and our team will understand what it takes for them to be successful.
Enterprise is great for:
- Working towards your CA/CPA qualification
- Gaining invaluable experience across a range of industries, working with all types of clients
- Developing relationships with your clients, and directly contributing to their success
- Building strong networks within the New Zealand business community
It could be for you if:
- •You’ve got an entrepreneurial streak
- •You like plenty of variety in your work
- •You’re open to trying new things
- •You like to see how you’re making a difference.
Lighthouse is a new and fast-growing team in KPMG and is widely respected for our range of management and risk consulting solutions and our depth of capability.
Lighthouse is a Data & Analytics team that balances technological know-how with business knowledge. We leverage a significant toolkit of global KPMG methodologies, platforms and solutions alongside relationships with technological leaders like Google, Amazon, and Microsoft to turn business data into tangible value.
The team leverages data, analytics and artificial intelligence technologies to build and deliver solutions that transform the business of our clients – and in so doing improve their customer journeys and experiences, identify and achieve greater cost efficiencies, identify revenue and profitability growth opportunities, and improve early detection of fraud, customer churn and regulatory non-compliance.
Lighthouse could be for you if you:
- Want to tackle complex client problems across a range of public or private organizations using novel data-driven approaches
- Want to build enterprise data solutions and pipelines using best of breed technologies
- Enjoy working as part of a team to develop innovative digital solutions
- Enjoy communicating insights and telling stories with data, enabled by visualization and analytics tools
- Want to work on a range of subject areas, including customer experience, supply chain, data management, risk management, fraud detection, and forensics
- Want to learn continuously and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in data science methods and tools
- Gain business experience and domain knowledge, working with subject matter experts across different industries and business functions
- Want to be part of a fast-growing practice with a strong global network
- Want to work on projects that make a real difference to New Zealand using state of the art methodology and technology
- Have fun and work as part of an energetic team! - We are a team that is passionate about technology and data and we need more like-minded individuals to join us as we grow and expand
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of the KPMG business.
Accelerating globalization, growing regulatory and business complexity, and the evolution of tax technology is creating ever-increasing expectations for the tax function to deliver greater value to businesses. We are at the leading edge of this change and this is your opportunity to jump on board and help drive forward this exciting transformation process.
We offer services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including providing valuable insights and overall governance to our clients, as well as assisting them in driving efficiencies within their tax function. Our advanced in-house tools and solutions have enabled us to win key outsourcing engagements with some of New Zealand’s leading financial institutions.
Our extensive client base includes a number of prominent high net worth individuals and well-known brand names throughout New Zealand and internationally.
Our experienced Tax team is market leaders in the Property sector, advising all of New Zealand’s listed property vehicles and a large number of overseas property funds. Come join us at this exciting time and help contribute to our success story.
Tax is great if you want to:
- Have opportunities to work in the furthest corners of the globe (we have sent people to Belgium, Japan, Luxembourg, Singapore, Saudi-Arabia to name a few)
- Build a sought-after skill-set with deep technical experience and sound commercial knowledge working across a wide range of industries.
- Connect with our alumni who are in roles from academia to leadership roles in global organizations
- Hone your research and thinking skills, by keeping current in a dynamic and changing environment
- Be part of a strong global network with varied secondment opportunities both overseas and in New Zealand
- Have fun and work as part of a young, vibrant team!