KPMG Corporate Finance Graduate - Deal AdvisoryApply Now
“As a Corporate Finance Analyst at KPMG you will quickly develop the soft and technical skills (financial modelling and valuation) required for a successful career as a finance professional. You are given a great level of responsibility and client interaction early on, whilst still receiving the necessary training and support.” Nick, Corporate Finance Analyst, KPMG Auckland
Our Deal Advisory team provides advice to clients across a wide range of industries. We advise buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders and financial investors in what is an increasingly complex financial market. The team encompasses Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Transaction Services, Restructuring and Insolvency, Debt Advisory and Infrastructure Advisory.
Can Corporate Finance fuel your future? Definitely if you:
· if you want to build a strong corporate toolkit covering a wide variety of areas
· if you are passionate about business, finance and the capital markets
· if you wish to gain exposure to a wide-ranging client base from local companies to listed multinational conglomerates
· if you love to solve complex problems with your technical numerical skills
· if you wish to work in a fast paced environment with responsibility and client exposure early in your career
Within your first month at KPMG you’ll have:
· met your whole cohort, your buddy and completed a jam packed two day induction
· been on Grad Camp – our culturally immersive induction held in a marae
· begun to understand what does and doesn’t make a business tick
In your first six months at KPMG you’ll have:
· provided both tech and non-tech strategies and solutions to your clients
· held visual strategy meetings or client workshops to find the root cause of any issue
· joined the social club at KPMG and activities like skiing, boat trips and mini golf
We’re a close-knit, fun and supportive team with plenty of cross-functional collaboration. As a Corporate Finance Graduate you will primarily work on valuation and financial modelling engagements, with plenty of opportunity to work across the wider team. You will be supported by on-the-job training and coaching, and given the opportunity to pursue professional qualifications such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams.
Fuel our Future with these attributes and qualifications:
· Strong academic record
· A degree in commerce with majors in either finance, accounting, economics or a related field
· Excellent numeracy and problem solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Competent user of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Please note that there is no option to upload a cover letter, as we instead ask you some questions on the application form to get to know you better. If you feel there is anything you haven’t been able to get across in your application however, there is a section at the end where you can add any further brief comments.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.