Tax at KPMG offers services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including providing valuable insights and overall governance to our clients, as well as assisting them in driving efficiencies within their tax function. Our advanced in-house tools and solutions have enabled us to win key outsourcing engagements with some of New Zealand’s leading financial institutions.
Our extensive client base includes a number of prominent high net worth individuals and well-known brand names throughout New Zealand and internationally.
Tax work is challenging and intellectually stimulating and tax advice is most needed when businesses are doing new and exciting things, like going offshore, expanding or changing the way they run their business. That means you’re involved at crucial times with clients, and being part of the Tax team, you could be involved in a range of activities ensuring our clients meet their tax obligations.
As a Tax graduate you'll spend at least 12-18 months honing your technical skills as part of our Tax Centre of Excellence. At the end of this period there will be a guaranteed pathway into Tax Advisory Services if that is your desire. If you decide to stay in the CoE you'll be able to build out people and operations management competencies more quickly and in TAS you'd likely gain more client facing exposure and potentially international opportunities. To find out more come and talk to us on campus.
Can Tax fuel your future? Definitely if you want to:
- hone in on your research and thinking skills, by staying current in a dynamic environment
- gain a sound compliance knowledge that can set you up for any business career
- develop both your logic and creativity skills
Within your first month at KPMG you’ll have:
- met your whole cohort, your buddy and completed a jam packed two day induction
- been on Grad Camp – our culturally immersive induction held in a marae
- begun to understand what does and doesn’t make a business tick
In your first six months at KPMG you’ll have:
- integrated into a talented and vibrant team who teach and support you
- helped navigate some of New Zealand’s largest business tax requirements
- joined the social club at KPMG and activities like skiing, boat trips and mini golf
By the end of your first year at KPMG you’ll have:
- made connections for life and built on your compliance skillset
- maybe been asked to become a buddy for our new interns or grads
- fuelled New Zealand’s prosperity by doing work that matters
As a Tax Graduate or Intern, you’ll be provided with all the support and training you need. This means you won’t be thrown in the deep end and you’ll have everything you need to succeed on your career pathway!
Think we can Fuel your Future? Why not come and meet us either at Campus or one of our KPMG offices.
All our events can be found on our Eventbrite
page. Register now to secure your spot!
Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from KPMG and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).