KPMG Tax Intern - Auckland - Nov 2021 - Feb 2022Apply Now
Tax at KPMG offers services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including providing valuable insights and overall governance to our clients, as well as assisting them in driving efficiencies within their tax function. Our advanced in-house tools and solutions have enabled us to win key outsourcing engagements with some of New Zealand’s leading financial institutions.
Our extensive client base includes a number of prominent high net worth individuals and well-known brand names throughout New Zealand and internationally.
Tax work is challenging and intellectually stimulating and tax advice is most needed when businesses are doing new and exciting things, like going offshore, expanding or changing the way they run their business. That means you’re involved at crucial times with clients, and being part of the Tax team, you could be involved in a range of activities ensuring our clients meet their tax obligations.
Can Tax fuel your future? Definitely if you want to:
· hone in on your research and thinking skills, by staying current in a dynamic environment
· gain a sound compliance knowledge that can set you up for any business career
· develop both your logic and creativity skills
Within your first week at KPMG you’ll have:
· met your whole cohort, your buddy and completed a jam packed two day induction
· enjoyed meeting with your wider team to discover each and everyone's roles
· begun to understand what does and doesn’t make a business tick
In your first month at KPMG you’ll have:
· integrated into a talented and vibrant team who teach and support you
· helped navigate some of New Zealand’s largest business tax requirements
· joined the social club at KPMG and activities like skiing, boat trips and mini golf
By the end of your internship at KPMG you’ll have:
· made connections for life and built on your compliance skillset
· maybe been asked to represent KPMG at campus events and other functions
· fuelled New Zealand’s prosperity by doing work that matters
As a Tax Graduate or Intern, you’ll be provided with all the support and training you need. This means you won’t be thrown in the deep end and you’ll have everything you need to succeed on your career pathway!
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.