Despatch FTL South IslandMainfreight
Logistics & Supply Chain
1 week ago
15th April 2019 10:00am
15th May 2019 11:55pm
It has taken people from all walks of life, with a common vision and focused attitude, to make Mainfreight one of New Zealand’s finest success stories. From our humble beginnings in the 1970’s with just one second-hand Bedford truck, we are now a global yet united team of over 7,000 strong. Will you be next to join us?
As a passionate team player you’re an important part of the crew. You’ve got your finger on the pulse and your eyes and ears open to what’s happening. You work well unsupervised because you’re driven and work-proud kind of person with high standards. You always get the job done, safely and efficiently. You have excellent communication skills and a strong belief that the customer is KING! This is your chance to challenge and immerse yourself in all aspects of our business whilst providing you with a successful career.
We’re looking for a talented person to join our team on one of our customer’s sites in Christchurch as a line haul despatcher. You are experienced, level headed and ready to take your career to the next step. You easily adapt to all kinds of situations and you are seeking an opportunity with responsibility, challenges and personal development.
The position involves:
- Problem solving on a daily basis
- Allocating loads to and helping to load 10-20 trucks per night
- Liaising and daily coordination with the customer on site, the Mainfreight team, drivers and sub-contractors both face to face, over the phone and on email
- Data entry, manifesting, and internal computer systems
The successful applicant must have:
- A high level of communication skills, both verbal and written
- A professional attitude with an eye for detail
- An OSH fork hoist licence
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Confidence to make decisions independently while also being a strong team player
- Be someone who loves diversity and a challenge every day!
You will need to be a quick learner with a calm head and a sense of humour. Previous experience in a transport environment would be advantageous but if the right person comes along we will provide support and on the job training will be carried out.
The hours will be 4pm-2am, Sunday to Thursday nights.
To be considered for this position you will need to pass a Pre-employment Background Check and Drug and Alcohol Test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and cover letter to Lindsay D Miller: LindsayM@mainfreight.co.nz