Logistics & Supply Chain
3 weeks ago
26th November 2018 12:00am
26th December 2018 11:55pm
It has taken people from all walks of life, with a common vision and focused attitude, to make Mainfreight one of New Zealand’s finest success stories. From our humble beginnings in the 1970’s with just one second-hand Bedford truck, we are now a global yet united team of over 7,000 strong. Will you be next to join us?
As a passionate all-rounder you’re an important part of the crew. You’ve got your finger on the pulse and your eyes and ears open to what’s happening. You work well unsupervised because you’re a driven and work-proud kind of person with high standards. You always get the job done, safely and efficiently. You have excellent communication skills and a strong belief that the customer is KING! This is your chance to challenge and immerse yourself in all aspects of our business whilst providing you with a successful career.
We’re looking for a talented person to join our team in Christchurch. You are experienced, level headed and ready to take your career to the next step. You easily adapt to all kinds of situations and you are seeking an opportunity with responsibility, challenges and personal development.
The position involves:
- Liaising with customers via phone, email and face to face
- Organising and tracking consignments for our customers
- Communicating with other branches, drivers and store team
- Problem solving on a daily basis
- Data entry, manifesting, checking quality reports and internal computer systems
- Inducting new team and overseeing health and safety for the site
- Maintaining team records and overseeing the internal audits
- General day to day administrative tasks
The successful applicant must have:
- A high level of communication skills, both verbal and written
- A professional attitude with an eye for detail
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Confidence to make decisions independently while also being a strong team player
- Be someone who loves diversity and a challenge every day!
You will need to be a quick learner with a calm head and a sense of humour. Previous experience in transport environment would be advantageous but if the right person comes along we will provide extensive training and support.
To be considered for this position you will need to pass a Pre-employment Background Check and Drug and Alcohol Test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to Wayne.