The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is the government’s lead business-facing agency. Our contribution to improving the well-being of New Zealanders is summarised in our purpose, to grow New Zealand for all.
'Grow' relates to economic performance. To achieve the standard of living and quality of life for today and for future generations we need a well-performing economy through productive and sustainable use of resources across New Zealand.
‘For all’ means all people have an opportunity to participate in and benefit from the economy.
For us, success looks like:
- prosperous and adaptable people, sectors and regions
- people are skilled and engaged in safe and fulfilling work
- informed consumers and businesses interacting with confidence
- value is sustainably derived from the natural environment
- a dynamic business environment fostering innovation and international connections.
These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
We work closely with our partners – including central and local government, businesses, workers, and Māori – to advance these priorities.
Become a change maker and play your part in shaping the future of New Zealand.
We offer policy internships and graduate programs for policy and procurement.
Jobs at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
Accounting, Agriculture, Arts and Humanities