Policy Summer Internship
Policy Summer Internships 2021/22 - Wellington
We’re looking for energised, engaged students from all walks of life to join us as interns over the summer as policy interns.
You’ll be given plenty of guidance and support to tackle real-life policy problems and find out what it’s like to be a policy professional.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment develops innovative solutions across a diverse range of policy areas - including immigration, major events and tourism, science and innovation, skills and employment, and energy and resources to name just a few. You could be helping to make New Zealand businesses more internationally competitive, protect people from loan sharks, or prevent migrant exploitation.
There are also internship placements at the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development where you could be working on housing supply and affordability, improving the quality and safety of rental housing, or creating thriving, dynamic, sustainable urban communities.
- You must be currently studying for a Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification and will be continuing your study in 2021.
- You must have achieved at least a B average (refer to the Victoria University website to calculate your GPA.)
- You must be available on 20 - 21 April (12 pm – 12 pm) to complete and submit the online Written Assessment, subject to the selection
- You must be available to attend the Assessment Centre in Wellington between the 25 – 27th May, subject to selection. We will assist with reasonable travel costs for individuals within New Zealand
- If you are an international student, you can apply provided you have eligibility to live and work in New Zealand
- You must pass all MBIE or HUD employment vetting and approval standards.
The application process begins with an online application form. You’ll be asked to provide some basic personal information and answer some eligibility questions. We’ll check this information before progressing you to the next stage to ensure you are eligible to apply.
If you have any questions about your application or eligibility, please contact the Graduate Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Situational Judgement Questionnaire
If you have met the minimum requirements, you will be asked to complete a Situational Judgement Questionnaire. In this questionnaire you will be asked some questions about yourself, and you will also be asked to respond to some hypothetical situations that you might face day-to-day as a Policy Advisor.
- Competency-based Video Interview
- Written Assessment
- Assessment Centre (in Wellington) including:
- Aptitude tests (abstract, numerical, verbal)
- Personality questionnaire
- Competency-based interview
- Group exercise
- Reference Checks
If you have any further questions regarding the summer internship opportunities or the Tupu Tai Pasifika internship, please email email@example.com.