Policy Summer Internships
Policy summer internships 2019/20 - Wellington
- Applications open from 10 June - 3 July 2019.
- View our frequently asked questions
You’ll be given plenty of guidance and support to tackle real-life policy problems and find out what it’s like to be a policy professional.
MBIE develops innovative solutions across a diverse range of policy areas - including immigration, major events and tourism, science and innovation, skills and employment, and energy and resources to name just a few.
- You must be currently studying for a Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification and will be continuing your study in 2020.
- you must have achieved at least a B average (refer to the Victoria University website to calculate your GPA.)
- you must be available on 24 – 25 July (12 pm – 12 pm) to complete and submit the online Written Assessment, subject to the selection
- you must be available to attend the Assessment Centre in Wellington on the 29th of August, subject to selection. We will assist with reasonable travel costs for individuals within New Zealand
- you must have the ability to legally live and work in New Zealand
- you must pass all MBIE employment vetting and approval standards.
- online application form
- situational judgment test
- competency-based video interview
- written assessment
- assessment center (in Wellington) including:
- Aptitude tests (Abstract, Verbal, Numerical)
- Personality questionnaire
- Competency-based interview
- Group exercise
- Reference checks
If you have any further questions regarding the summer internship opportunities or the Tupu Tai Pasifika internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.