Procurement Graduate Programme
Join our two-year programme in one of Australasia’s fastest-growing professions.
Procurement is the planning, sourcing, and buying of goods and services for an organization.
Each year, government agencies spend approximately $41 billion, around 18% of GDP, procuring a wide range of goods and services from third party suppliers. Getting procurement right is important. It can help government agencies to deliver better public services for better value.
Who we are looking for
We need great communicators, passionate collaborators, big-picture thinkers, and driven problem solvers.
If you want to make a direct impact on helping government agencies achieve their strategic and commercial outcomes and deliver value for New Zealanders, the Procurement Graduate programme is the one for you.
- Two-year programme with four placements across our partner government agencies
- Access to mentoring opportunities, a buddy programme, networking events, training and support towards professional qualifications
- Opportunities in both Auckland and Wellington
- Fast track programme growing your expertise in procurement, commercial and relationship management skills
- Work on interesting projects and gain a breadth of practical experiences in procurement across different sectors (ICT, infrastructure, health, etc.)
- Exposure to a wide network of experienced procurement professionals
- Competitive salary
Our partner agencies
We partner with a growing group of agencies to offer placements. Some of the government agencies our graduates have had placements include:
- Auckland Transport
- Department of Internal Affairs
- Housing New Zealand
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Social Development
- New Zealand Defence Force
- NZ Health Partnerships
Who should apply
We are open to students from a variety of degrees and tertiary backgrounds. You need to be a recent graduate or a student in your final year of study in 2019 and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
We are looking for talent who:
- can easily adapt and work fluidly in fast-paced, ever-changing environments
- are engaging, dynamic and eager to learn
- can demonstrate leadership skills and is a solutions-focused thinker
Jobs at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
Information Technology, Information Systems, Science