Engineering Graduate Programme 2020New Zealand Steel
1 week ago
12th August 2019 9:00am
26th August 2019 5:00pm
Looking for a role where you could be designing and repairing machines and working on projects that improve production and productivity? Want to work alongside experienced Engineers and be part of teams who will support you on your career pathway? Keen to play a role in keeping us innovative and sustainable?
We are seeking enthusiastic Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering graduates who want to join our NZ Steel Graduate Programme and who are keen to be part of a company that sets the standards.
We were the first country in the world to make steel from sand and that innovation continues through the processes we use and the products we produce at NZ Steel. You will receive a unique opportunity to apply your degree and learning to a business that gives you real responsibilities and real career prospects. You will receive ‘technical on-the-job’ training to ensure you have the skills you need to realise your full potential.
Our three-year graduate programme consists of:
- Three unique one-year placements across our varied operational mills. You will receive a comprehensive overview of engineering across diverse processes and be introduced to different people, challenges and successes.
- You could be rotated through our Steel Mill in Glenbrook, Waikato North Head Mine Site or Pacific Steel.
- Each rotation is catered specifically to your development needs and is a great opportunity to discover what pathway you would like to pursue.
Why join us
At New Zealand Steel, we lead the way as a leading manufacturer of quality steel. Guided by our philosophy to produce safe and sustainable products, our people drive our company towards success everyday. Supporting over 4,000 jobs and contributing significantly to the NZ economy, we have built a reputation for quality and integrity. We are an industry for everyone – we’re diverse and stronger for it.
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development opportunities to build your career, supported by a team and managers who want to help you succeed. These include:
- Our New Professionals Programme (travel to Australia twice a year with your graduate peers to meet up with graduates and cadets from BlueScope Australia)
- Internal courses (Incident Investigation, Health and Safety Representative training)
- Study assistance
- PPE workwear provided
- Social Club
- Challenging and interesting work projects
- Onsite medical centre, cafeteria and Credit Union Bank
What you will bring
As a highly-motivated Engineering graduate, you will have a keen interest and passion for our industry. You will be keen to apply your classroom learning and technical skills in a practical hands-on environment. To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
- be a recent graduate (within the last year), or in your final year of study
- hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics
- be a self-motivated graduate who shows initiative, high attention to detail and a drive for results
- be open to new ideas and experiences and be willing to embrace change, adapt and innovate
- be a great communicator with excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to contribute positively in a team environment
- hold a Drivers licence
- It is advantageous that you have had some experience/familiarity working in a manufacturing or similar industry, with machinery and/or tools
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand
We give you the opportunity to build relationships, get exposure to a global corporation and most of all have fun while doing so!
Our recruitment process consists of an online application, video interview, online assessments, site visit, panel interview and preemployment checks - reference checks, pre-employment medical and Ministry of Justice vetting.
Intake – February 2020
We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
If you want to join a global organisation who truly values its employees, has great career opportunities and will expose you to a world of possibilities ..... don't wait, apply today!
Applications Close: 26th August 2019