NZ Steel Engineering Graduate Programme 2020New Zealand Steel
1 week ago
11th April 2019 3:00pm
5th May 2019 11:55pm
Applications are now open for our 2020 graduate intake.
If you are a Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical & Materials or Mechatronics student and are looking for more than just a job..........don't miss out on this opportunity!
At New Zealand Steel, we lead the way as a leading manufacturer of quality steel. We showcase our innovation, technology and expertise throughout the world. Guided by our philosophy to produce safe and sustainable products, our people drive our company towards success everyday. Supporting over 4,000 jobs and contributing significantly to the NZ economy, we have built a reputation for quality and integrity.
We are an industry for everyone – we’re diverse and stronger for it and now is your chance to join our team. We are looking for graduates who are motivated to learn, looking for a challenge and have the right attitude to contribute as part of a dynamic and diverse team where safety is our number one priority.
Kick start your career with New Zealand Steel. We will inspire and support you to reach your potential.
NZ Steel Graduate Programme
From day one you will have a role with real career prospects, real responsibilities, and real opportunities to apply your degree. You will receive ‘technical on-the-job’ training to ensure you have the skills you need to realise your full potential.
Our three-year graduate programme consists of:
- Three unique one-year placements across our varied operational mills. You will receive a comprehensive overview of engineering across diverse processes and is a great opportunity to discover what pathway you would like to pursue.
- Each rotation is catered specifically to your development needs, ensuring you will get the best experience and will see you introduced to different people, processes, challenges and successes.
Continuous training and development is key to growing your career and we support you by offering:
- Our New Professionals Programme that is designed to give you the best start in your profession by building on your current skill set and developing you into a future leader. Run over a two-year period and held in Port Kembla, Sydney, you will travel over twice a year with your graduate peers to meet up with graduates and cadets from BlueScope Australia.
- Internal courses (Incident Investigation, Health and Safety Representative training)
- Mentors to guide and support you on your career pathway
We give you the opportunity to build relationships, get exposure to a global corporation and most of all have fun while doing so!
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development opportunities to build your career, supported by a team and managers who want to help you succeed
- Study assistance
- PPE workwear provided
- Social Club
- Challenging and interesting work projects
- Onsite medical centre, cafeteria and Credit Union Bank
Are you up for the challenge
As a highly-motivated Engineering graduate, you will have a keen interest and passion for our industry. You will be keen to apply your classroom learning and technical skills in a practical hands-on environment. To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
- be a recent graduate (within the last two years), or in your penultimate year
- have a relevant university degree in Engineering – Chemical/Materials, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics
- be a self-motivated graduate who shows initiative, high attention to detail and a drive for results
- be open to new ideas and experiences and be willing to embrace change, adapt and innovate
- be a great communicator with excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to contribute positively in a team environment
- Your positive attitude will be the key to your success!
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you want to join a global organisation who truly values its employees, has great career opportunities and will expose you to a world of possibilities ..... don't wait, apply today!