Trainee Die MakerOrora
Logistics & Supply Chain Manufacturing
1 week ago
14th August 2019 9:00am
14th September 2019 11:55pm
Orora Fibre Packaging focuses on responsive delivery of high-volume, fully-customised corrugated packaging and display solutions for leading brands across Australia and New Zealand. We also produce a range of standard products, including regular slotted containers, point-of-sale displays, shelf-ready and retail-ready packaging, heavy duty shipping boxes, pads and partitions, corrugated bulk bins, coatings and laminates. Our integrated offering includes research and technology, design, art and pre-press, innovation and e-Business tools and services to help customers differentiate their product and grow their business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Die Maker to join the team at Ryco Dies (this is NOT a tool and die shop).
This role will commence with day shift (7:30am - 4:00pm) for training purposes and then gradually proceed into an afternoon shift (12:00pm – 8:00pm).
Based in Wiri, your role will involve:
- Supporting the CAD & Laser Department
- Supporting the Die Makers & Setters with day-to-day tasks
- Meeting customer and Ryco’s specifications
- Die deliveries
- Maintaining safety standards
Ideally you will have the following experience and skills:
- The ability to adapt and multi-task
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good computer skills
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team
- An organized approach to your work and the ability to think laterally
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate well to other people
- A current clean NZ driver’s license
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Previous experience in the use of power tools would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
You must be a team player with the ability to work extra hours as required and a willingness to learn.
If you’re also a motivated, flexible and energetic individual who has a personal drive to excel and a “can do” attitude, then we would like to hear from you.
This is a waged, full time position which is based in Auckland, New Zealand. Local employment terms and conditions will apply.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Any appointment will be subject to a satisfactory drug test and security check.
Please note that all applications are reviewed but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.