We employ more than 500 permanent staff and help facilitate another 187,000 jobs through port activities. Our people are hands-down our biggest asset and we take pride in a safe, positive work culture that celebrates diversity and promotes development.
Day-in and day-out, in good weather and bad, our people work 24/7, 365 days a year to keep our port running. More than 75% of our staff work shift hours to make this happen. Check out what some of our people get up to day-to-day in our job-series videos.
Working for POAL is an opportunity to be part of:
- An innovative and creative business: we ask all of our people to think innovatively
- A committed workforce: we’re a hard-working team and pride ourselves on tackling challenges head-on with enthusiasm and grit
- Helping to create a more sustainable future for Auckland and New Zealand: our goal is to be New Zealand’s most sustainable port; how can you help us get there?
- Discovering new things: we look for people to join our team who value new ideas and can take information and turn it on its head
- A team: join a close-knit, values-driven team that doesn’t just talk the talk, but also walks the walk