Powerco - Graduate Electrical EngineerApply Now
Engineering, Engineering - Electrical
A Bachelor of Engineering or Diploma in electrical engineering, or a closely related field
18th Jun 2020 08:00pm
3rd Jul 2020 11:55am
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Do you want to develop your career while making a difference to the electricity distribution industry? Then maybe you could be the next person to join the Powerco Graduate Programme.
We are seeking dynamic Graduate Engineers to work alongside a team of capable and experienced electricity industry professionals to assist in planning, designing and maintaining the performance of our electricity network assets.
Graduate Engineers will assist with the:
- Investigation of network data, and providing technical input to maintenance and condition monitoring plans, renewal plans and performance improvement studies.
- Preparation of network modelling reports, network development area studies, operating guidelines, risk management and contingency plans, investment and financial/economic models and project briefs and approval documents for network projects.
- Research and development of new network solutions, looking into changing customer demand trends and applying emerging technology
- Development of technical standards for the planning, design, operation, construction and maintenance of the electricity network.
- Project management of electricity network construction projects
The successful Graduate needs to have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or Diploma in electrical engineering, or a closely related field
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork ethic and can-do attitude
- The ability to read and interpret plans
- An affinity for technology
- A strong drive to innovate and improve
NOTE: This role will start in early 2021 - applicants must have completed their degree or diploma by this date.
Applications close: Friday 3 July 2020
At Powerco, we are strong supporters of inclusion and diversity and believe that a diverse workplace adds to our ideas, solutions and overall strength. We foster a flexible working environment that is collaborative and trusted and is representative of the community which we serve. We believe that individuals thrive and the business prospers when people have a rewarding work experience and can be themselves.
Whiria te tangata - weave the people together.
Please note: This information and all other Powerco grad and graduate, intern and internship, and entry level opportunities on nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Powerco and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd)