Graduate Civil EngineerRefining NZ
Whangarei / Northland
1 month ago
16th November 2018 12:00pm
9th December 2018 11:55pm
This is a unique opportunity to work with experienced professionals to gain high quality knowledge and experience within the petrochemical industry.
As a Civil Engineering graduate you will provides technical support and coordination assistance to civil maintenance activities and minor projects. Your prime focus is assuring asset integrity through solid maintenance plans to ensure structural reliability. Essentially, we need great ideas from you to minimise operating costs while maintaining technical and commercial performance with high regard for health, safety and our environment.
As New Zealand's only oil refinery this is a unique opportunity to join the team and work with experienced professionals to gain high quality knowledge and experience within the petrochemical industry. You will be working with a talented team to maintain and improve the plant. As your confidence grows, you will be responsible for scoping the problem, designing a solution, preparing a budget, ordering components, and engaging contractors to complete the works and commissioning the project.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Civil Engineering degree
- Innovative thinking
- An interest in the petrochemical industry
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to demonstrate sound fact-based decision making
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to learn and develop
- Self-motivation and initiative
- A "winning together" attitude
Successful applicants will be offered a four year fixed term agreement.
As a graduate engineer you can expect:
- Real-world experience in a unique engineering environment
- To have a line manager who will work closely with you to develop your career path
- Encouragement and support from experienced professionals
To get your professional engineering career off to the very best start, apply today