Our graduate programme
At Russell McVeagh, we offer our graduates supportive teams and challenging, exciting work. You will receive the best training in New Zealand and our dedicated HR team will assist you in your transition to work. Russell McVeagh lawyers are recognized all over the world for their first class skills and experience.
The graduate program at Russell McVeagh is a well-rounded program that ensures you are exposed to all aspects of life at the firm. As a graduate at Russell McVeagh, you will:
- Work alongside the best lawyers in the business in both your team and in the wider practice groups
- Gain hands-on experience with real work
- Begin on a comprehensive, structured training programme that will continue through your entire time at Russell McVeagh
- Be supported through your professional's course and in obtaining admission to the Bar
- Formally belong to two practice groups (if you choose) as part of the firm's bipartite system.
Transition into a career in law
We also offer a range of programmes to help ease your transition into a career in law. You will:
- Attend an induction trip to meet all the Russell McVeagh graduates you will be working with
- Be allocated buddies to ease your transition into the firm
- Be encouraged and supported to prioritize your wellbeing and have a life outside of work
- Be supported through your graduate year and transition to the workplace by a dedicated HR team.