Russell McVeagh Summer Clerk Programme 19/20Russell McVeagh
Auckland / Wellington
1 week ago
14th March 2019 9:00am
31st March 2019 12:00pm
Applications for 2019-20 summer clerk and 2020 law clerk positions are now open through to 31 March 2019.
The summer clerk programme at Russell McVeagh offers three months experience in a top-tier firm in your penultimate year of university.
Over the summer you will:
- Work alongside the best lawyers in the business in both your team and in the wider practice groups.
- Gain real work experience.
- Receive regular feedback, including two appraisals.
- Complete a comprehensive, structured training programme.
- Attend an induction trip to meet your peers.
- Get experience working in two different areas of law, under two different Partners, as part of the firm's bipartite system.
We also offer a range of activities to engage in over the summer, to assist with your rounded development including:
- Seminar presentation to your Practice Group on a topic relevant to the firm's practice.
- Input into the firm's transformation by joining any one of our committees or people action groups.
- Homework Club.
- Charity fundraiser for one of the firm's pro-bono clients.
- Volunteering at the Mangere Community Law Centre.
- Performing in the firm band.
- Participation in any number of the firm's social and sporting events including touch, indoor netball, cricket and running events
Support for you
We offer a range of support options to assist with your transition into the firm. You will be:
- Allocated a buddy, to ask all your questions along the way.
- Encouraged to use our confidential counselling through the firm's external employee assistance programme.
- Invited to our Whānau morning tea, to introduce your family to Russell McVeagh.
- Supported through the summer by a dedicated HR team.
- Looking after your health and wellbeing with access to our onsite Occupational Health Nurse and subsidised gym membership.