Russell McVeagh Summer Clerk Programme 2020Apply Now
Working towards a degree or higher.
11th Mar 2020 12:00am
6th Apr 2020 12:00am
- Work alongside the best lawyers in the business in both your team and in the wider practice groups
- Gain real work experience
- Receive regular feedback, including two appraisals
- Complete a comprehensive, structured training programme
- Attend an induction trip to meet your peers
- Get experience working in two different areas of law, under two different Partners, as part of the firm's bipartite system
- Seminar presentation to your Practice Group on a topic relevant to the firm's practice.
- Input into the firm's transformation by joining any one of our committees or people action groups.
- Homework Club.
- Charity fundraiser for one of the firm's pro-bono clients.
- Volunteering at the Mangere Community Law Centre.
- Performing in the firm band.
- Participation in any number of the firm's social and sporting events including touch, indoor netball, cricket and running events
Support for you
- Allocated a buddy, to ask all your questions along the way.
- Encouraged to use our confidential counselling through the firm's external employee assistance programme.
- Invited to our Whānau morning tea, to introduce your family to Russell McVeagh.
- Supported through the summer by a dedicated HR team.
- Looking after your health and wellbeing with our Wellness Policy.
Before you start please make sure you have the following documentation ready as you will need to upload digital copies at the end of the process.
- your University academic transcript. An unofficial copy is acceptable;
- your CV; and
- a draft cover letter (500 words max).
Please note: This information and all other Russell McVeagh grad and graduate, intern and internship, and entry level opportunities on nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Russell McVeagh and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).