Our scholarships offer
Russell McVeagh was the first law firm to recognize student talent and achievement through a dedicated scholarship programme. Applications for 2020 scholarships will open later in the year. Our scholarship offers the following fantastic benefits to give you a head start in your career:
- Financial assistance to help with the study costs of your law degree at a New Zealand university:
- $2,000 per year (up to a maximum of four years)
- $6,000 additional payment if you join Russell McVeagh as a graduate.
- The opportunity to have a work experience day at Russell McVeagh during your scholarship.
- A Russell McVeagh solicitor or partner as your mentor – to provide support, guidance and practical help throughout your time at law school.
- The opportunity to summer clerk at Russell McVeagh in your penultimate year of study.
The fine print
All scholarship winners must be enrolled at, and retain a place at, a New Zealand university law school, maintain good grades acceptable to Russell McVeagh and not accept a conflicting scholarship.
* if you cannot locate your school academic transcripts, please contact our recruitment team.
** a reference can be academic, personal, employment or school references. If you have any questions about references, please contact our recruitment team.
Russell McVeagh no longer offers a School Leavers' Scholarship but encourages all school leavers to apply for the Russell McVeagh University Law Scholarship once they are at their chosen law school.
What we’re looking for
If you are a driven, all-around achiever with an interest in commercial law, a Russell McVeagh Scholarship will place you a step ahead of your peers and provide you with the tools you need for a very successful career in law. We are looking for:
- All-around achievers with impressive academic results
- High levels of drive, enthusiasm, integrity, and commitment
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, alongside the ability to relate well to others
- The desire to be the very best in your chosen career of law.
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll be a great fit with us.