Service Desk AssistantWaipa District Council
1 week ago
15th May 2019 12:00pm
30th May 2019 11:55pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the high performing IT team at Waipa District Council.
- Graduate/experienced opportunity
- One year fixed-term contract
- Te Awamutu based but rostered to provide support in Cambridge
The Waipa district is a vibrant and highly developed area with an excellent central location. The district has a growing reputation as the 'Home of Champions' - with high performance sports Rowing New Zealand, Cycling New Zealand, Canoe Racing New Zealand and Triathlon New Zealand making Cambridge their home. We're in a massive growth phase and this is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, innovative and dynamic Council focussed on its communities.
We're looking for a passionate and solutions focused individual with an aptitude for technology to join our busy Service Desk. You will be considered the 'face' of the information technology department where you will provide support for our internal customers by troubleshooting problems and providing solutions to their enquiries.
Our ideal candidate will take pride in Service Support, hold a relevant IT certification or qualification and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Prior experience in frontline IT support, with strong focus on customer satisfaction would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange environments
- Mobile device support
- Service management principles
Our IT team are considered a key business partner working closely with internal customers to drive and deliver best in class support. You will be joining a team who are dedicated to providing a quality service to their users; if your technical knowledge, attention to detail, and can-do attitude would complement this service then you could be just who we are looking for!
Applications close on 11:55pm Thursday, 30 May 2019.
To apply for this job, please go online to www.joinourteam.co.nz and enter the job code 9242NXTSTP.