Graduate Project Engineer - ChristchurchWaste Management
2 weeks ago
7th May 2019 1:00pm
2nd June 2019 11:55pm
Graduate Project Engineer
Are you looking for a fantastic career opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to excellent customer service, safety, sustainability and innovation?
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We recently joined 60 Managing Directors and Chief Executives from New Zealand’s leading companies to sign the CEO Climate Change Statement, committing us to initiatives that aim to help limit global warming to two degrees. https://www.wastemanagement.co.nz/news-media
As a recent graduate, you will be responsible for the successful and safe delivery of small capital works projects from conception, through design and construction to commissioning and you will be assisting in the management of engineering and environmental aspects across all sites predominantly landfills and transfer stations.
What you will achieve:
- Providing strategic planning, site development and rehabilitation of landfills and the successful implementation of landfill developments and other capital works projects undertaken within the business.
- Assisting with coordinating and managing landfill cell and cap construction projects, preparation of landfill airspace reports, landfill and transfer station construction and development modelling, contract management and tender management for projects.
- Planning, programming and preparing pre-construction estimates, price and preparation of the fully costed schedules of quantities for small projects, and monitoring project costs/expenditure against budget.
- Assisting with project modelling and analysis of existing and new landfill and transfer station projects and facilities as well as project management of civil works and landfill rehabilitation works; and landfill cell and cap design.
What we are looking for in our new team member:
- You will have tertiary qualification/s in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering (B. Eng.)
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience preferably in civil construction, environmental engineering, earthworks, landfills, resource recovery, mechanical processes, treatment plant design and construction or similar engineering works.
- Track record in safety performance and knowledge of NZS 3910 (or similar) conditions of contract, contract administration and project cost management systems.
- Performance driven approach, accountability and commitment to leading projects successfully
- Proficient in the use of Autocad is preferable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities and be well organised with a strong ability to prioritise.
- A solution focused attitude with a drive for continues improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt this approach for different audiences.
- Excellent customer focus with problem solving skills and a genuine desire to achieve excellence.
- Advanced computer literacy skills.
At Waste Management, we understand our biggest asset is our people, and to get the most from our business and team, we must invest in tomorrow’s leaders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to continue your development in civil and environmental engineering, whilst working in an environment where your contributions will make a significant difference to our business. If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
|Please note: This information is not to be re-distributed without permission from Waste Management and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).|