What we're all about
NZ Transport Agency (NZTA)
Waka Kotahi NZTA Emerging Professionals programmeApply Now
19th Mar 2020 12:00am
6th Apr 2020 12:00am
- Opportunities across multiple locations
- Receive mentoring and training from some of the best in the industry
- A two-year rotational programme with the chance to design your career journey
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Our Emerging Professionals programme brings some of Aotearoa’s emerging talent together with the best people from across Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency. We shape Aotearoa’s transport networks and people’s safe and efficient use of them. We are growing with a recently announced $6.8 billion NZ Upgrade programme on top of our current operating budget ensuring we will deliver an increasingly large programme of work every year. On offer is a unique opportunity for you to be part of the NZ Upgrade Programme and to go places you never expected within our organisation to help deliver our customer promise – great journeys to keep New Zealand moving.
We’re currently hiring into the programme across two talent streams – Engineering and Planning.
You can expect
- A two-year rotational programme – designed by you, to meet your ambitions
- Opportunities to contribute to meaningful work that makes a real difference to New Zealand
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities that will set you up for the future
- To gain an understanding of a complex public-sector organisation and our industry
- Mentoring from a senior manager
- Opportunities to apply for permanent or ongoing roles at Waka Kotahi on programme completion.
What you will bring
- The desire to collaborate and engage with a broad range of people
- A desire to learn and explore the new and gain skills and knowledge
- Natural curiosity around how things are done and how to make things better
- A pro-active approach
- An appreciation of Te Reo Māori, Tikanga Māori and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
All successful candidates will be sent an invitation to complete a SparkHire video interview and an Arctic Shores gamified-assessment that will take no more than 30-45 minutes.
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 5 April 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.