People & Performance AdvisorApply Now
20th Sep 2019 12:00am
People & Performance Advisor – Palmerston North
- Lead P&P for our central region
- Utilise your broad range of skills
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins is not your usual corporate environment. Our teams are bonded together by values developed from a family heritage of over 60 years of business success.
Reporting to the Higgins People & Performance Manager, you will partner with the business to enhance and develop a positive culture while proactively leading HR best practice and initiatives. This is a pivotal role in a fast-paced changeable environment where no two days are the same. You will be a strong communicator, excellent problem solver and leader of change.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a capacity to operate in a changing and sometimes ambiguous environment due to its lean, agile and business focused approach. A “self- starter” with the ability to establish rapport with all stakeholders, you will thrive on providing practical solutions to the business on people issues.
Due to the autonomy of the role, we’re after a confident, experienced individual with the initiative and drive to implement strategic people-focused initiatives at all levels of our organisation including:
- Achieving People & Performance excellence through generating engagement, rather than just compliance
- Providing functional leadership and support ensuring Higgins people, policies and processes are applied consistently
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of the New Zealand HR legislative framework
- Ensuring performance management, learning & development and career development processes are applied consistently
- Ensuring that talent management and resourcing needs are met across the region
- Coaching leaders in successful resolution of employee relations issues
- A learning environment with on-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, Employee Welfare Fund & share scheme.
- Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach your educational aspirations
- A fantastic team with a range and depth of experience both operationally and functionally
How to apply
Ready for the challenge and to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online.