What we're all about
Korean Education Centre in New Zealand
Offers jobs to students studying
The TaLK Scholarship - Scholarships by the Korean Government (College Students and Grads)Apply Now
Auckland, Canterbury, Dunedin, Gisborne, Hawkes Bay, Manawatu, Manukau, Nelson, Otago, Northland, Palmerston North, Southland, Taranaki, Tauranga, Wellington, West Coast, Whakatane, Whanganui, Whangarei
Arts & Humanities, Early Childhood Education, Primary Education, Teaching, Education
College students and recent graduates
12th Mar 2020 12:00am
13th Jun 2020 12:00am
The TaLK Scholarship
These scholarships provide accommodation, entrance and exit allowances for airfare, field trips, and a monthly stipend that more than covers the average Scholar’s living costs. Successful applicants are awarded the titles, South Korean Government ‘TaLK Scholar’, and have the full support of the Korean education government behind them.
The Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) Program invites young, adventurous college students and recent graduates to teach English to elementary school students living in the rural areas of South Korea. Funded by the Ministry of Education (MOE), the TaLK Program aims to cultivate a strong desire to learn English through the use of innovative and engaging classroom teaching methods designed by our own scholars. While teaching, participants will have the opportunity to learn about the many facets of Korean culture and find time to travel to distinct regions of the Korean peninsula. TaLK is the perfect program for those who aspire to lead the next generation and who seek to gain personal and professional enrichment through teaching.
- Teach English in the elementary school(s) designated by the POE during the term of scholarship.
- Prepare teaching materials and activities for English language education.
- Assist with activities related to English language education and other extracurricular activities organized by the school, the POE or the community.
- Class schedule is subject to change based on the school's needs.
- TaLK scholars may be assigned to more than one school.
- TaLK scholars are expected to show up at least an hour before class instructions to prepare for their lessons. Class preparation, time at school between lessons, and the commute to and from school are not considered overtime.
Online TaLK Application
- All program applicants are required to complete an online application (Parts A&B) by creating a TaLK (My Page) account on the TaLK Web site at https://www.talk.go.kr/talk/talk_new/mypage/creat_account.jsp?site=eng
- A registered, valid e-mail address and password are required to access the online application form.
- Following the form submission, applicants can view or check the status of their application by logging in to MY PAGE.
- Once the application office starts the initial screening process, changes to the application cannot be made.
- In case of any technical difficulty while completing the online application, the forms can be downloaded, completed and sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Settlement Allowance (one-time payment)
Exit Allowance: Will be provided an additional amount of 1,300,000 KRW once only to TaLK Scholars who have completed one consecutive year or longer with the TaLK Program. The exit allowance is not provided to those who complete the shorter 6-month term.
100% reimbursement is not applicable under the Study Abroad Health Insurance Plan. Medical insurance coverage does not begin until the school registers their scholars for an Alien Registration Card (ARC).
Following the first six months, TaLK scholars will be automatically subscribed to the National Health Insurance Service, as mandated by Korean law (effective July 2019). Scholars will be responsible for 50% of the premium, while their POE will cover the remaining 50%.
Please note: This information and all other Korean Education Centre in New Zealand grad and graduate, intern and internship, entry level and scholarship opportunities on nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Korean Education Centre in New Zealand and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).